Q: How long can Chevrolet Equinox 2008 transmission last? What's max.year of durability& what could be the issue of it's breakage?

asked by on October 23, 2017

How long can Chevrolet Equinox Sport 2008 transmission last? What's the max.year of durability & what could be the issue of it's breakage? Does it have a standard guarantee? The car suddenly stopped, made few noises and died, therefore I would like to find out more about it's transmission life span/cycle. Is it perhaps because the car is old now? How long do they normally last and what could be the problem of its sudden unexpected breakage. (P.S. The mileage is not so big at all)

There is no set life span for the transmission. I have seen many go beyond 200,000 miles and not have an issue and others breakdown after the first week of ownership. The key is to follow the service manual for services and maintaining the transmission and powertrain. If you are having an issue then I suggest you have the problm diagnosed by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to isolate the cause.