Q: New battery and starter but my 2001 Nissan Xterra still will not start what could be the problem

asked by on August 07, 2017

Transmission went bad swapped it out with another one. When I went to start it it did not start. When I crank it it makes a click sound that's it not turning over. Just bought a new battery and starter and still having the same problem. What else could be the problem?

Hi there. Typically when you hear a click sound when you turn the key, and the battery and starter are new, it’s due to a faulty ignition or starter relay. I would check both relays and also fuses first, as these are the easiest to replace if damaged. If they are fine, it’s possible that an error code may be trapped in the ECU causing this problem. If you can’t find the root issue, you could set up a car is hard to start inspection and one of our professional mechanic will come to your location to help.