Q: Noise like a pulley squeak or rattling

Hi I've recently noticed when I first start my car I hear like a whining squeek not sure if it's rattle it almost sounds like a loose pulley or part squeaking

After about ten minutes of driving the noise then disappears until I next start the car a few hours later

When the noise is there on start up if I rev at idle or accelerate while driving the noise also gets louder and proprtionate to the speed of car

Can you help or point me in the right direction

I really hope it's not my timing chain as the noise is only on startup for around ten minutes after which no amount of revving or acceleration will cause any noise

How would i also check the timing chain just to be on safe side

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Quite often when you hear the rattle or squealing noise upon start up, but it goes away eventually; it is due to a loose serpentine or drive belt. This noise is also common with low power steering fluid. In order to accurately diagnose the problem, i’d recommend having a mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection at your location.