Q: Car jerking forward after brake pedal release.

My car has developed a problem with its backend. Every time I put my foot on the brake pedal while waiting for the red light to change, my car jerks forward when I let off the brake pedal. It is almost like the back brakes are sticking or loose, and need tightening.

The rear brakes on this car are drum brakes and they may be binding due to the rear wheel brake cylinders binding or the springs are weak and do not return the brakes quick enough. The brakes should be inspected for any problems by a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic. They can identify the cause of binding brakes.