My car shut off on me out of nowhere without signs of struggle or overheating from the radiator. I opened the hood of my car and checked the sparkplug wires. Half of the tube melted off and stayed in the socket for all the wires. I removed them, changed the sparkplugs and wires. Got the car started again but this time it released white smoke from exhaust when accelerating. Wires melted again and smoke started coming out from the back of the engine block. My car has no electrical power now. Car will start with battery recharge but will lose battery power after a while. Not sure what's causing wires to melt.
My car has an automatic transmission.
From what you’ve described, the cylinder head overheated which caused the wires to melt. Your engine is overheating and the white smoke from the exhaust indicates that the head gasket is blown or cracked.
You should have the car looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, if you decide to get this fixed. Once you have your overheating issue diagnosed you’ll know exactly what needs to be fixed in order to get your car running normally again.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing