Daytime running lights flashing. flashing lights b4000 ma...

Q: Daytime running lights flashing.

asked by on September 20, 2017

I drive a 2001 Mazda B4000 pickup truck. The daytime running lights blink rapidly (as if they are 4-way flashers). The fog lights also do this. Both low and high beam headlights have no problems at all. I've checked the DLR fuse and it is good. Any idea on what this could be? I have also looked for the DLR module, but cannot locate it.

Thanks!

You need to check the charging system to make sure the voltage output is not over about 13.7 volts. If it is then have charging system checked. The fog lights and daytime running lights are on different circuits and should not be affected by each other. The DRL module is mounted by the left side lower radiator mount. You will need to check power at fuses 31 and 33 in the engine compartment fuse box with DRL and fog lights on to make sure voltage is constant and not above 13.7 volts. If voltage is correct and steady then replace the bulbs first for both systems to see if the lights work corre correctly. If not then further system diagnosis will be needed.