Q: Grinding noise when putting vehicle into gear, plus no acceleration.

When I put my vehicle into drive or reverse it makes a grinding noise. The vehicle will accelerate up to 25 mph, but doesn't move.

Several things could be causing this issue including internal differential failure, axle failure, or transmission failure. The differential is unlikely since the vehicle will still accelerate to 25 mph. An axle however could have slid out of place due to a missing clip causing the grinding sound and low to no power to the wheels. A shaft within the transmission that spins could also be out of place rubbing against something causing the grinding noise. I would recommend having the transmission and differential inspected by a professional.

3. Grinding noise when putting vehicle into gear, plus no acceleration.