Q: 2 coil packs not working

asked by on June 22, 2016

2 of my 8 coil packs aren't working right. I was told that all 8 of the coil packs should be replaced. Is this true or do I need to only replace 2 coil packs?

You only need to replace the two bad ones, but be prepared to replace one or more in the near future. The coils are all the same age and all have the same amount of use and seem to fail within a close time frame of each other.

I would recommend replacing all 8 also with the tune up. This will save you money on labor to replace one at a time every time they fail. There are aftermarket coils that are real cheap out on the market, but they do not seem to last as long as the factory/ dealer ones that cost four times as much. If you want to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can replace your coil packs if needed.