Q: Q: My car is not starting.

Battery died completely so I replaced it with a new one. While I was driving all the power went out and the steering wheel got stiff. So I assumed it was the alternator because it drained the battery. So I switched out the alternator and now the dash and lights outside and inside work but not the power windows or locks work. Also when I push the brake so I can push the start engine button and nothing . The brake doesn't go down and the light doesn't turn green

It is possible there may be a loose connection somewhere that is not allowing the power to flow properly. Often this can be caused by a loose ground fastener or a broken battery cable connection. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle to run some tests and offer a more personal diagnosis of your no start condition.

3. Q: My car is not starting.