Q: Check engine light after throttle body but had no head gasket 1994 Dodge Ram

asked by on August 24, 2017

Clean throttle body but head gasket was cracked got done ordered head gasket and put it back together to move the truck had a check engine light... could i have gotten carb cleaner in throttle body or is it no head gasket and also i think the valve is sticking cause when let go of gas it stay reved up and if i pump it it sometimes stopes

Hello. I would need to scan the computer for codes to see why the light is coming on. After a head gasket replacement it may just be that something was left loose or not properly connected. If you want to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic as a certified mechanic can come to you to [determine why the check engine light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection