Q: My car requires numerous attempts to start.

I hear a singular click when turning my ignition over. Eventually it always starts, sometimes still on the first try, but other times it will take ten minutes of turning over the ignition and repeatedly hearing the singular click before it does. I am fairly confident this is the starter, and was planning on replacing it, I was just curious if there were any other possible explanations for this before I bought a new starter.

A: It would be helpful to know the year, make,...

It would be helpful to know the year, make, and model of the vehicle but the problem does sound like it could be a starter or a loose connection to the starter. If you want to have this looked at, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your car's starting issue and replace your starter if necessary.