Q: Water pump not working and its a new water pump.

Just changed my eater pump and thermostat yesterday but my car is still overheating. Tried to activate the bleeding process to see if the watet pump had power but nothing happened. Is there a fuse for the water pump and if so where is it located?

There is not a fuse for the water pump, however this may be caused by a faulty coolant fan switch or potentially a faulty coolant temperature sensor which is responsible for relaying the coolant temperature to the computer which then uses this information for many other things. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system.

3. Water pump not working and its a new water pump.