Q: code is p0340 i change camshaft position sensor but still shows same code .any help or advice

code is p0340 i change camshaft position sensor but still shows same code .any help or advice

Hi there:

The problem with changing out the camshaft position sensor is that sometimes the issue is actually due to the sensor wiring harness; which might be the reason this OBD-II error code was triggered initially. The P-0340 trouble code indicates that the signal to and from the camshaft position sensor and the PCM is broken. When this occurs, the ignition spark and fuel injector timing will fail and the PCM will store the P0340. This will trigger the illumination of the Check Engine Light. Also, in many cases, the error code needs to be reset by a professional mechanic with the correct digital scanner and diagnostic tools. The best way to ensure your repair was done correctly is to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection; which will allow them to determine if the issue’s fixed and reset the codes for you.

3. code is p0340 i change camshaft position sensor but still shows same code .any help or advice