Q: EPC light came on check engine light flashed car tremors

asked by on October 20, 2017

I was driving my car home and I was stop and go in traffic, finally when traffic broke I was in 3rd gear and my car bogged out, my EPC light came on and my check engine light flashed at me. As soon as I got a chance I shut the car off and turned it back on, EPC light went off but the check engine light stayed on solidly. I got the car home and sat there and idled and the car was tremorring, popped the hood and the engine was jumping a little bit, it almost seemed like the car wanted to shut off. Temperature was fine, normal RPM, just had it looked over and reinspected because it was just purchased about a week ago. Any idea what this could be?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Cheyenne. Thanks for contacting us tonight. EPC stands for Electronic Power Control. This warning light comes on when there is a problem with the engine. In some vehicles, the EPC limits the amount of throttle that can be used so that the engine is not damaged, which could be the source of your engine stumbling symptom. In regards to what is causing the light to illuminate, that’s difficult to say. Sometimes it is due to an issue with the electronic throttle control, ignition system or even a driveline component - such as a transmission problem. The best way to begin the diagnosis is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a warning light inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr