Hesitates cracks loses power

My van hesitates, cracks and loses power. It’s been in the repair garage 5 times for the same problem. It was driving like it had sediment in the system, so I had the tank cleaned. I put in a new fuel pump, had the lines and injectors cleaned and it’s still hesitating, cracking and losing power. If I pump the gas pedal allot of times it will go, but that won't solve anything. The repair man says he wants to replace a sensor located in the throttle body. He thinks this will fix my van. What do you think? Any ideas?

Hello. The throttle position sensor could very well cause the symptoms you describe. Since you have had the fuel supply components checked and replaced, this is the next logical component to suspect. If the throttle position sensor checks out, I would test the fuel pressure to make sure you are getting good pressure to the injectors. If you have low fuel pressure, have the fuel filter (which is in the tank) checked for sediment or corrosion which may be limiting fuel volume and pressure. If stopped up, it may be necessary to replace the fuel tank if it’s that rusty. To verify the problem, a professional from YourMechanic can assist with diagnosis of the loss of power issue and can perform needed repairs.