Q: Car shuts off suddenly - 1987 Mercedes Benz 560SL

My car has been shutting off lately, completely at random and with no warning. This happens sporadically. There is no sputtering, no hesitation and no other issues such as unusual sounds or smells. The car just shuts off in the middle of driving. When this occurs, I'm able to restart the car right away. The mechanic couldn't find the cause. What might cause this? Is this some kind of electrical issue?

A: Hey there. I would check to make sure your ...

Hey there. I would check to make sure your mass air sensor is cleaned out and that the intake air system is completely sealed. If the mass air sensor gets dirt in it from an air filter housing that is not sealed properly, this can cause erratic stalling problems. If you'd like to have this taken care of for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the stalling issue and help you move forward with correct repairs.