Q: Considering purchasing, however, I am leery of possible high maintenance costs associated with this vehicle. Dependable? High maintenance?

asked by on November 13, 2016

What is the expected average yearly maintenance costs associated with this vehicle? My BMW 135i has cost me a small fortune in upkeep costs.

Going from a BMW 135i to a 2014 Porsche Cayenne will obviously cost more in maintenance through the years. From special procedures during repairs, more expensive parts and higher labor costs, you can only expect the upkeep costs to go up. The Porsche brand of vehicles are just as, if not more, expensive to maintain than some of the other import vehicles. If you are looking for a lost cost vehicle, you should consider a Honda or domestic brand vehicle. When you do find a vehicle you like consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a close look at the vehicle to see if there are any unseen problems before you purchase it.