Q: Smoke coming from engine

Smoke is coming from the front of my car. I think it is coming from somewhere by the oil filter.

Hello. There are two different types of fluid that would cause smoke to come out from the front of your car. If oil is leaking down from the valve cover gasket or oil filter, and onto the exhaust, this will cause smoke to come out from the front of the car. If antifreeze is leaking from the heater pipes and onto the exhaust, that will also cause smoke to come out from the front of the car. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, should inspect your car in order to determine what type of fluid is leaking from your car, where that leak is, and what is causing the smoke from your engine.