Q: Loud noise

asked by on February 09, 2016

While driving, I hear a loud noise. And now the vehicle has drivability issues.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Your concern sounds like an exhaust leak. A leak in the exhaust system can easily cause drivability issues because the oxygen sensors constantly monitor the exhaust gases and adjust fuel trims accordingly. If a leak is present it will throw off the oxygen sensors readings and the vehicle will say that it is running lean due to excessive fresh air in the exhaust and will add fuel to richen the air fuel mixture when it is not actually needed, causing check engine light in some cases and drivability issues. An inspection of your exhaust should be carried out by a qualified technician in order to pinpoint the root of your concern.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr