Q: The ABS light came on dashboard

The ABS light came on the dashboard today and I checked the brake fluid and fuse and they seem to be ok.I want to try and fix it myself,any ideas what the problem can be and what I can try next.Can it be dirt from the recent rains?would power washing behind the tires help?It's just the ABS light and nothing else is on.Car is a 2007 Ford Focus

Hello, The ABS light refers to your anti-lock braking system which is controlled by a module and wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels. This may be an issue of a faulty ABS control module or possibly faulty wheel sensors. The ABS control module controls the activation of the ABS system based upon inputs from the ABS wheel sensors. When this module is not working properly you may notice it inadvertently activating the ABS system causing the brakes to lock up randomly or simply causing the ABS light to come on. In some cases it may not activate the system at all and may be related to inaccurate input data from the wheel sensors. These wheel speed sensors can sometimes fail or become dirty or knocked out of place causing them to inaccurately relay information to the control module causing the light to come on. I would recommend having a certified mechanic come to your location to take a look at your ABS system to properly diagnose.

3. The ABS light came on dashboard