Q: Hi i have a 2010 Honda accord ex the engine light comes on and off every two days now the throttle light cones on and goes off

asked by on November 29, 2017

I have a 2010 Honda accord ex I notice that my engine light come on one day and off the next day usually when I am getting gas it does this and now my throttle light is doing the same thing it started yesterday I noticed the throttle light on and it went off right away and it did the same thing today any ideas to why these lights are going on and off

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The check engine light comes on when the controller has detected a fault that may effect vehicle emissions. The throttle light indicates a fault detected in the throttle control system. These may have the same cause, or they might be different events. Either way, there will be trouble codes stored in the controller describing the faults detected and these can be read by a technician with the proper scanning equipment. It is important to use the right equipment. The generic scanners used by the auto parts stores usually don’t give you the whole story. If you contact YourMechanic. You can have a technician come out to your home or office to check out our car and read your trouble codes and tell you what needs to be done.