Q: Alternator stuck

I removed all the bolts to the alternator but it is now stuck, wires and connections. I have a 2002 Kia Sedona and was told that the bottom bolt won't fully come out but I will be able to get it out anyway. Any suggestions on how to break it free?

Hello, thank you for writing in. That last bottom bolt is definitely an issue for a lot of people. Most people try not to remove or touch anything more than they have to during the process, which is totally logical and what should be done. However this is one of those situations that you want to make more space for yourself. The best thing to do in this situation is to remove the A/C lines’ bracket. Do not remove the lines, but if you disconnect the bracket you can very carefully move the lines enough to give you some room. You don’t need to completely remove that bolt but can take it far enough out that the alternator can be removed.

3. Alternator stuck