Q: Can you bypass a neutral safety switch gone bad temporarily

It wants to die unless it's in neutral

Yes you can by connecting the purple wire and the purple with white stripe wire on the clutch switch. This should be done temporarily only for testing. It would be unsafe and unwise to keep it this way since it keeps the vehicle from being started unless the clutch is pressed in. This would make the vehicle lurch forward as soon as the ignition was turned and if left in gear. If you are looking to have the neutral safety switch replaced, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service for you.