Q: My car feels like it's having trouble starting. I took it to someone and they ruled out the starter, battery, and alternator.

My car feels like its having trouble starting. I took it to someone and they ruled out the starter, battery, and alternater.

Hey there. This may be related to many different things. Depending on the symptoms, this may be related to a spark issue or potentially a fuel delivery issue. If the engine starts, we can reasonably assume that there is not an ignition problem. The fuel delivery issue may be related to many different things such as low fuel pressure, faulty fuel injectors or potentially a faulty or dirty idle air control valve. If you want to have this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your location to diagnose the hard start and proceed with any needed repairs.

• My car feels like it's having trouble starting. I took it to someone and they ruled out the starter, battery, and alternator.