Q: I have A 91 honda accord with shaking and acceleration issues

asked by on November 13, 2017

A couple days ago my honda started shaking really bad, even worst when i take off from a stop. When i take off from a stop it doesnt go over 2000 rpm, and acceleration is extremely slow. And if i have to stop on a hill, it barely gets overs 15 mph. I just had the battery and altornator replaced a couple months ago, also i put oil in thr car and it helped for a few mintues, but started acting up again. I also tried checking for codes, yet it did not display any codes. My s light is also on, even when I have not turned on sport. I am at a complete loss as to what to do.

This problem of loss of power can be caused by more than one of several causes and would need additional diagnosis to isolate cause. The most common causes are low fuel pressure, distributor failure, and misfiring ignition system. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and diagnose the problem for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr