Q: I put in a new battery, now it reads service advancetrac & I have no power steering

I put in a new battery, now the dash reads "Service Advancetrac" & I don't have any power steering.

Hi There, It sounds like you lost voltage. Load test your battery to be sure it was not a defective battery and check your charging system voltage. Certain circuits like the ABS module (AdvanceTrac) and the electric power assist steering are more sensitive to voltage drops than others. This is a known problem in many Ford vehicles. This may also be related to a problem with the steering wheel angle sensor which is used by both the power steering and the ABS system. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle.

3. I put in a new battery, now it reads service advancetrac & I have no power steering