Q: Damage after running into a hole.

asked by on December 04, 2016

I ran into a hole a few days ago and a part of the car broke. It was on by passenger's side. The car turns completely to the right every time I try to turn the stearing wheel to the side.

You have probably damaged a tie rod. The tie rods are the link between the wheels and the steering rack. There is also a possibility that you have damaged a lower control arm or a strut depending on how hard you hit it. You need to have the steering components inspected before anyone can give you any kind of useful estimate. You can have this done at your home or office by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send you a technician to check out your steering problem and tell you what it will take to fix the damage.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr