Q: Truck won't start after warming up. 1992 Ford-F-150

Truck will not start after warming up. Will start instantly when cold. Will only crank til the battery goes dead after reaching operating temperature. I have replaced I.c. m. And the coil and the distributor. Don't know what else to do.

Hi there. You should check to see if the fuel pump is turning on when it will not start. This can be done by checking fuel rail pressure or listening for the fuel pump to make noise when you turn key on and off. If you have no fuel pump, then check and replace the relay first and see if the pump works. If it does not work then replace the pump. If you need help having these items checked, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the starting issue and assist you with the correct repair.