I was driving normally when suddenly my car revs up. It s...

Q: I was driving normally when suddenly my car revs up. It seemed to have gone into neutral now it wont shift into any gears the leve

asked by on August 22, 2017

While i waa driving on the road my car suddenly reved up it seemed like it went into neutral while i was driving but the lever was still on D(drive). Only the park and neutral work the other gears won't wotk at all. The lever only goes to reverse but it wont reverse the lever wont budge after reverse its really hard to move. When its in reverse it just goes into neutral not reverse

Among the possibilities are that the shift linkage and/or related components such as the manual valve in the transmission has failed OR there is some sort of mechanical or hydraulic failure in the transmission. To have the fault pinpoint, the recommended service is a failure to shift diagnostic. Once that diagnostic is complete, the mechanic will explain the repair strategy to you in detail and estimate the cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.