Q: Squealing noise 2010 Range Rover

So my car currently makes a squealing noise after about 10 minutes of driving. I've asked a question recently about this but have found out more information about it. When the oil cap is unscrewed there is a release of pressure and the noise goes away completely. The first shop i took it to said it was the PCV valve but could not do the work and wanted me to take it to the dealer. The next shop i took it to was a Range Rover mechanic and said that my engine (5.0L Supercharged) does not have a PCV. They smoke tested the engine and found no leaks, so they said that it was an idler pulley. They replaced the pulley and the noise persisted. They then advised me to go to the dealer because they think my Valve Covers need replacement. So I have an appointment at the dealership next week but would appreciate some information on this. Would this type of noise happen if it was the valve covers? Upon looking online everyone says PCV but apparently i don't have one.

Thanks!!!

Hello. This is caused by an oil leak in the engine. I usually use dye in the engine to find the source of the leak. In a lot of cases on this engine the entire motor will need to be removed to reseal it. This is quite an undertaking. I have seen the dealers help a little with the cost of this because it is a common issue. I would check with your local dealer about this.

3. Squealing noise 2010 Range Rover