Q: Low oil pressure noise some noise front of the engine 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis

asked by on December 14, 2016

Could it be replace timing chain cheaper replace motor with that many miles?

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - yes, low oil pressure and high miles can certainly product a metallic clattering from the timing chain set, as well as knocking noises from worn connecting rod bearings and crankshaft main bearings. If you are getting low oil pressure warning (light or gauge), the engine is most likely used up, and a replacement is in order. For further assessment, I recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.