Q: There is no Check Engine Light on but the car is making a lot of noise - it still runs ok

a lot of loud noises in the car but no check light or any lights on. the car runs ok but i'm not sure if that noise will cause a problem or am fine to continue to drive the car.

A: Hello - there are many things in the engine...

Hello - there are many things in the engine compartment which can cause unsettling noises: accessory belt idler pulley bearing failure, timing chain guide, tensioner or idler wear, valve timing cam actuators, as well as more traditional noises like worn connecting rod or crankshaft bearing noises. Check the engine, transmission, and power steering fluid levels first - the easy checks. Then, I would recommend having a car is making a noise inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.