I got a question.. can you remove the cdv on an automatic...

Q: I got a question.. can you remove the cdv on an automatic transmission, if so what are the pros and cons of the delete?

asked by on February 28, 2018

I want to get a better throttle response, as well as better shifting. The auto clutch has a slow response time between 2 and 3rd gears at 2800 rpms. How can i make my shifts in an auto. Better?

Only manual transmissions are equipped with clutch delay valves in the clutch actuating mechanism. On automatic transmission equipped vehicles such as yours, shift points, rate of engagement of the clutch and applied line pressure are all controlled electronically. To modify the software that controls these parameters is a technically involved process. If you believe shift points are out of spec, or you want a potential malfunction with the transmission diagnosed, just request a transmission shift diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will determine the root cause of any abnormal delayed or abrupt shifting. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.