Q: RB26 vs. 2JZ transmission

I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the rb26 transmission and the v160 transmission. They are both 6 speed manuals and they look very similar to each other but I don’t know if I can use the v160 on the rb26. Thanks

RB26 represents an engine family manufactured by Nissan in Japan. Different transmissions were mated to that engine family, both 5 and 6 speed, with varying drive outputs, gear ratios, and final drive ratios. The other part number represents the V160 transmission manufactured by Getrag. To distinguish the V-160 from any transmission used on the RB-26 Nissan engine, you would need the transmission tag number, date of manufacture and would also need to know if perhaps the transmission has already been modified on rebuild. What I would recommend is that you contact any of the V160 rebuilders (via Google search) as they will have at hand the specific data you need. Again, though, you will need the transmission tag ID and other identifying information because there were many transmissions used with the RB26 engine.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr