Q: I have a 2009 gmc yukon SLT. I noticed my front lights slightly dim during the dark hours. Auto Zone diagnose my battery good at 9

asked by on May 04, 2017

I have a 2009 gmc yukon SLT. I noticed my front lights slightly dim during the dark hours. Auto Zone diagnose my battery good at 99%, and the alternator was fine. He said that my starter showed failed and the diagnosis number was 254, which he said was high and in the failing range. I don't know how accurate that is being that I got my truck a full inspection at the gmc dealership in November 2016, and everything under the hood was fine and passing. He said I need to take it to the dealership again. My truck starts fine with no delay in starting up. Could this be another issued like a electrical problem?

Headlights are dim Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically when you have dimming headlights, it’s due to an electrical relay that is loose, damaged or faulty in some capacity. It can also be due to excessive dirt or a build-up of debris on the headlights itself. Typically this is a repair that is diagnosed by a dealership with newer vehicles, however you can have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a headlights are dim inspection at your location as well.