Q: AC makes noise after putting on expansion valve

We had our compressor replaced, it was locked up. Replaced that with another and it locked up within the month and blew fibrous stuff all through our system to rear AC. Had to have it flushed and replaced this compressor. It wouldn't cool good so my husband put an expansion valve on it and now it whines and makes loud noises when you turn AC on and off, also now sometimes while you are driving. What is causing this? Can you tell me what is going on?

Hello. It sounds like your new compressor may be failing. Flushing the system is not enough when the compressor fails. When there is debris in the system, it gets stuck in the expansion valves, the condenser, and the accumulator. If these are not replaced then the new compressor’s life will be short. If you want to have this problem fixed, consider having a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the AC noise and make the necessary repairs.