Q: Engine light came on , was hesitant when i pulled off , sometimes cut off when at stop lights

Engine light came on , was hesitant when i pulled off , sometimes cut off at stop lights , when i crank it back up it seems like it doesnt want to turn over, what could be wrong with it ?

Hi and thanks for your question. Sounds like there could be a fuel or spark issue with your engine. First you would need to scan the computer for what the engine light code has stored to have a starting place to work on. If the code comes back for a battery disconnect P1684 then there could be an issue with the battery cables or a connection to the starter or on the ground of the vehicle. If there is a code for fuel injector high resistance P0201 - P0206, then an injector could be plugged/failed or the harness to the injector could have gotten disconnected. With one at a time, remove each harness to the injector with the engine running and see if the engine stumbles. If the engine stumbles then that injector is working. If there is no change then that injector is not functioning. Check for power and ground at the plug to make sure that the injector is being activated. The last thing to check is the spark plugs and to make sure that they are in good shape and not burned or full of oil. If you need assistance in troubleshooting your engine shut off issue, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can help you with your vehicle.

3. Engine light came on , was hesitant when i pulled off , sometimes cut off when at stop lights