Q: Electrical problems?

I have a 2014 Jeep Patriot and the battery light came on. I did some research and thought it was the alternator. It still started and ran fine, until today. I stopped at a gas station and when I came out it would not start. I got someone to jump start it for me but it would not shift out of park and every warning light came on. It started to idle high and rough, so I turned it off and left it there to be picked up in the morning. What would cause these problems?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jeep Patriot. The low voltage condition from the alternator not charging will cause the Totally Integrated Control Module (TIPM) to not work correctly. You should have the battery charged up completely and then have the charging system tested. The computer should then be scanned for problems. You should have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your house to diagnose your starting issue firsthand. They’ll be able to pinpoint the issue and help you fix the problem accordingly.

3. Electrical problems?