Q: Discoloration in paint work

My beetle has been in storage for the past 6 months and I now find that the left side of the front bonnet discolored. It is sticky to the touch and feels rough. Before washing I rubbed my finger and my finger turned black and it partially cleared but has lost the glossy shine. I then had it washed by professional car washers but it still looks discolored in a Matt finish way and is not glossy. The car washer also could not help. I am looking for some advice from you regarding what cleaning products can be used to get rid of the discoloration without damaging the paint. Do help thank you in advance

You will need to take the car to a body and paint repair shop or the dealer to let them have a look at the damaged paint. It sounds like something was on the car that damaged the paint while the car was in storage. If the damaged paint cannot be cleaned and buffed out to shine again then it may need paint work.

3. Discoloration in paint work