Q: Car overheating; thermostat

My car keeps overheating, and I don't know why. I was told that it might be the thermostat.

Hello! A common reason for most vehicles to overheat is a faulty thermostat. However, on 350Z’s, the factory fans are known to fail prematurely and cause an overheating scenario. I suggest checking the performance of the cooling fans and thermostat. I suggest not driving the vehicle until the overheating issue is resolved because, the more it overheats, the more likely internal engine damage will occur. You may benefit from a mobile repair service, such as YourMechanic. They can send a top-rated mechanic to your vehicle’s location to inspect your overheating issue, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Car overheating; thermostat