Q: Front turn signals are not working

First, my front left turn signal went out and I decided to change the bulb and also the passenger side while I was at it. The problem is that when I turn them on they both blink very fast - much faster than they used to. They slow down when I turn on the emergency light. To let you know more details, the daytime running light and the sides/back signals are working fine. Can you tell me what to do to correct this?

A: The only reason I can think of for this to ...

The only reason I can think of for this to happen is if aftermarket bulbs were used and they were not the right ones. The car should only blink fast like that when the bulb has failed to let the driver know the bulb is bad. Given that the bulbs are brand new and this is occurring it could mean the car does not recognize the bulbs installed. A qualified Technician like the ones at YourMechanic will be able to diagnose this turn signal light issue.