Q: Throttle position sensor removal

I have a faulty throttle position sensor. I can get to the part, but I cannot remove the bolts that hold it in place. What do I do to remove the bolts, so I can put a new one in?

A: Hi there, you don’t mention what make, mode...

Hi there, you don’t mention what make, model, and engine you are seeking to put a new TPS on, but there are several possible issues. You’ll need a few things: the right tools (probably for Torx bolts), access to the TPS bolts (on the throttle body) and possibly required removal of the throttle body, and the expertise and equipment needed to "pair" the new TPS switch with the engine/transmission controllers. I would need more information about the car to provide more specific advice. If you decide you would rather an expert replace the throttle position sensor for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can perform this service at your home or office.