Q: Takes two key turns before car starts

My car has been having difficulty starting. Before it will start I have to turn the key twice. A new starter was installed and I also replaced the battery and the alternator, so I am assuming that it can't be any of those three causing the starting problem. Even when it takes a while to crank over, it does end up starting. What is causing this and what is the solution?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1996 Oldsmobile LSS. A prolonged start can be caused by problems with fuel delivery or air metering. Improper readings from failed sensors can cause an improper fuel mixture and cause the vehicle to run very rough or fail to start. Hire one of our mobile experts for a personal diagnosis to get to the bottom of your starting troubles and make the necessary repairs.

3. Takes two key turns before car starts