Q: Why would transmission fluid shoot out of trans into the bell housing? is there a gasket or seal there had trans looked at and 👌

asked by on March 08, 2017

Trans fluid shpt out of trans into bell housing where there looked to be a broken ring also had just trans looked at and all that was wrong with it was piece of shifter blocking from going into first gear all else good. Is there a seal or something I'm missing. Why would it shoot out trans fluids??

Hi there. There are multiple seals and gaskets inside an automatic transmission and along the inner case where the torque converter is installed that can leak into the bell housing if they are damaged. Small cracks or misalignment of the torque converter can also cause this to occur as well as damaged transmission oil pan gaskets in some case. Unfortunately, without inspecting your Ford’s transmission, it’s impossible for us to speculate on what is causing this problem to occur. You might find it beneficial to purchase a service and repair manual for transmission schematic for your vehicle to trace all possible sources of this problem.