Q: Cannot remove key from ignition.

asked by on December 12, 2016

I got gas today and went to start my truck and it would not start, no power, so I popped my hood and wiggled my terminals and heard power restore. So I went to my key and it started just fine but the key will not come out. Tried the obvious (wiggling steering wheel, holding break)

Sometimes, the key can be bumped with something like the soft handle of a screwdriver or handle of a hammer while twisting and wiggling to get the key out. An electronics safe lubricant may also work. If all else fails, consider hiring a locksmith or taking the vehicle to the dealer to have the key and lock cylinder removed and replaced with a new set.