Q: Grinding noise while braking - 2006 Porsche Cayenne

Recently, I had the front brakes and rotors replaced with new ones. I was driving and applied the brakes to bring the car to a halt, there was a grinding noise. At the shop, I was advised to put new brake pads, which I did. However, there is the same issue with the grinding when I brake to stop the vehicle. I had the rotors checked and they are good. What should I do to stop this grinding noise?

Okay, so with brakes, the concept is fairly simple and hasn’t changed much over the years. You have a rotating disk and it is being squeezed on both sides by a pair of pads. If you are hearing a grinding noise, then something other than the brake pad surface is touching that rotor. Your vehicle type is a huge red flag (Being a higher end vehicle). I have a family member with an Audi and she took it to a non-Audi related place to have her brakes done. They used the wrong pads or did not follow a proper procedure and it caused her a lot of headaches. If you did not take your Cayenne to a Porsche certified technician, they may have done something similar with your vehicle. Many times some of these less reputable shops use the cheapest parts they can find. Please find a Porsche certified technician to recheck the work if the person who performed the work the first time was not. If they were a reputable shop, you should be able to bring the vehicle back and have it redone at no charge.