Q: SRS light stays on after reset and good connectors.

I brought a Hyundai Sonata 1999 a couple of months ago and am having issues with the SRS light. We have reset the car manually and made sure the connectors under the seats are good, but the horrowing SRS light remains on. It doesn't flash either so we don't know the code for what we have to fix. Any Suggestions?

Hi there. If the light is still coming on then the air bag module needs to be scanned. I would typically start by scanning the module to see which codes come up which will tell me why it is coming on. Most of the time a persistent light such as this is caused by either a failing clock spring in the steering column or a failing air bag igniter. Both of these are common on this vehicle. If you want to have the vehicle diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.