Q: How long does it take to change out an oil pan gasket on a 2004 chevy blazer? Why is it so expensive when the gasket is vheap part

asked by on December 08, 2016

I have an oil pan gasket leaking, and, a transmission seal leak. How much is this going to cost me.

Hello. The procedure for this vehicle could be considered labor intensive in comparison to other vehicles. Replacing an oil pan gasket for your vehicle requires that the transmission be separated from the engine in order to remove and install a new gasket. While these extra steps do add to the required labor, time is also saved as separating the transmission from the engine grants access to the oil pan as well as the transmission seal, depending on which seal it is.