Q: A howling noise is coming from the driver's side

My car is a 02 ford focus zx5 manual I've replaced rotor wheel bearing hub spindle brake axel nut axel but i did drive car before the nut kept coming loose replced my problem is a howling sound on driver side that i cant figure out?

Hi there. It is always a good idea to replace wheel bearings in pairs. If the center spindle nut kept coming loose, it’s possible that it was not properly torqued, or you have a spindle thread issue that should be addressed as soon as possible. In some cases, the howling sound can come from over torqued wheels or the brake caliper being loose. It’s also possible that the wheel bearings may not have been properly packed with grease. I’d recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home and diagnose your noise problem to determine exactly what’s causing this howling and to recommend the right repairs.

3. A howling noise is coming from the driver's side