Q: Check Engine light is coming on

My Check Engine light is in. I have had this problem in the past and it is always the mass air flow sensor. It tends to come on when I am on the freeway going about 80 MPH and hit the gas hard to pass. I don't really see any difference in performance whether the light is on or not.

The problem may not be the Mass Air Flow or MAF. It could be an unmetered air leak, such as a torn intake duct or vacuum line. Check the ducts and make sure they are free from cracks or splits and that the clamps are secure. If you find an issue or need additional help, look for a qualified technician to pinpoint the cause of your Check Engine Light.

3. Check Engine light is coming on